Thursday, February 5, 2009

52 Self Portraits: Week 4

This was supposed to be a two light portrait. Unfortunately, I didn't read the red text on the hot shoe adapter when I added it to my cart! Oh well.. Hopefully I'll be able to find the right PC to Hot Shoe Adapter in town tomorrow.

The light is a 580ex II bounced out of a gold umbrella... I wanted to play with the gold umbrella and didn't feel like converting it to silver or putting my other umbrella on. I white balanced in UF Raw.

In processing, I decided I'd try the cross process look, so I found a tutorial online and saved my curve for future use. I also added a slight vignette.

52 Self Portraits: Week 4 (by John Brainard)


As always, the additional shots can be viewed on Steve Paxton's photography forum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the coloring on this one...the tones.

Me :P