Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Yes... July 4th is just another day on the calendar. We don't need to celebrate that. What we need to celebrate is the brave men and women who fought 233 years ago for our independence as a nation and those who have been fighting since to preserve that! God Bless our soldiers and God Bless our country!

I had a great time celebrating our independence from Great Britain with my family at the Binghamton Air Show. Thankfully, my camera battery lasted long enough to capture some of the Blue Angels air show. Here's the first of what I hope to be many photos to come over the next several days.

Blue Angels Air Show (by John Brainard)


In anticipation of a lot of blurring due to the aircraft flying at high speeds, I increased my ISO to 200 and 400 while taking photos. Some were flying slow enough that I didn't need the higher sensitivity. I tried to keep the shutter speed around 1/1000, though I don't know if it was absolutely necessary. Hopefully I'll find out as I sort through my photos.

Hopefully I'll see you all tomorrow with some fireworks photos!

2 comments:

Paxton Prints said...

Great shot John!

John Brainard said...

Thank you Steve! I'm working on some more will hopefully be pleasing to look at. :)