Monday, June 23, 2014

Fire Hydrant

I went for a walk around the neighborhood with my camera the other day to take a break from work. When I came upon this fire hydrant, I did the usual crouch down, shoot the subject at an "interesting" angle and move on. The "interesting" angle I shot this at was the same exact "interesting" angle I shoot a lot of my photos at, which really isn't interesting at all. I needed to try something new. I needed to break out of a creative rut.

2014_06_18-01-52-Hrs_03-Sec

After a few moments of thought, I decided to shoot this straight on with the road in the background. Ideally, I would have had a longer lens to achieve a narrower depth of field, but my 24-105 f/4.0 had to suffice. Though shooting a subject straight on like this isn't anything new, I rarely ever put that much thought into my composition. I wanted the lines of the road and the sidewalk to be perfectly parallel to the horizontal edges of the frame.

No comments: