Monday, October 6, 2008

Frost on Calico Pond

I hoped to have had more shots of plants and foliage covered in frost, but that didn't happen. I have a couple that I liked from this Saturday's trip. I'll have to go out and look for frost covered foliage to shoot.


Calico Pond (by john_brainard)

Calico Pond (by john_brainard)

The leaves below are from the same tree. It's amazing how turning just a little bit away from or toward the sun can have a huge impact on how the photos turn out.

Calico Pond (by john_brainard)

Calico Pond (by john_brainard)


Enjoy! I hope to have a couple more tomorrow to wrap up my trip to Calico Pond in Gee Brook State Forest.

2 comments:

zetson said...

Very nice shots, John! I love the first one. Looks like it's taken right out of a magazine. Nice muted colors with a powerful composition. And instead of getting irritated on the winter, I should be happy for the frost!

John Brainard said...

Zetson: Thank you! I was surprised to see the first one when I was going through my photos. I remember taking and trying to get a nice back-lit photo, but wasn't sure if it was going to come out nice. Thank you for your compliment. :)

I'm a bit excited about this time of year. I enjoy the fall colors and now that I have something useful to gain from the cold, I like that too (frosty pictures).

I'm glad to see you recovered from your tendinitis.