Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Joseph Cloud

Yesterday, as I was driving around with my family, I saw this cloud. I was rather amazed at the colors in it as I have never seen a cloud with a rainbow in it. I stopped the car and jumped out quick, fearing my opportunity wouldn't last, and snapped off a few shots. I had to do two exposures to get the colors in the clouds to come out without underexposing everything else.

As I was processing this photo and uploading it to Flickr, I remembered the story of Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors.

The Joseph Cloud

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you have very wonderful pictures. I love the point of view you take when you take these pictures.

I like how instead of just taking a picture of the sky to get the cloud, you framed it with the fence. Very cool!

BTW... Thanks for posting on my blog!

~His4ever~

John Brainard said...

Thank you for the comments. They are very appreciated.

I'm just getting started out in photography... I have been learning to look at more of my surroundings to see what I should and shouldn't include in the picture. I like rust as it gives a nice texture and adds some color, so I wanted to include that. I should have tried to straighten it some. I guess that's my next area to work on.

And you're welcome. I've been quietly looking through your blog for a little while now. I was going to post a comment on your "MEN" entry as I thought it was rather funny.