Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Playing With My New Lens

If you've been reading my posts, you know I have been waiting for my Sigma 10-20mm lens to come. I wish I had this lens when my wife and I were visiting her parents in California.

I lost a lot of good photos today because I had my camera ISO set to 1600. I took some nice pictures of the kids too. I keep swearing that I'll check the ISO every time I turn on my camera, but I never do!

Here are a few pictures I took on Sessions Hill Road. I've posted these trees before and I'm sure I'll be back up there several times throughout the next year taking pictures.

Sessions Hill Road

Sessions Hill Road

Sessions Hill Road

I hope they're not oversaturated. I gave them a LAB color boost and sharpened them using a high-pass filter technique I found in the Digital Photography School forums.

2 comments:

Craig Lee said...

It looks like you are enjoying the 10-20mm. Nice shots. I wish I still lived in the country sometimes. Especially at night.

John Brainard said...

Thanks Craig.

I am enjoying my new lens. It's a lot of fun, especially when shooting the girls. I haven't done too much of that, but I do have some neat photos of them.

I don't think I could live anywhere other than the country. Maybe for a short period, but I would find it to be difficult after a while. I'd take advantage of it, though, and get some nice nighttime shots.