Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dorchester Park on Whitney Point Reservoir

I took my family to Dorchester Park tonight so the girls could play on the playground. I have wanted to take pictures of the sunset there for a while now too. It was a good time. I got to spend some quality time with my family and do something fun outside the house.

The last set of sunset photos I took, I left the white balance on the camera's automatic setting and liked it. In fact, it resulted in a second place photo in a competition. This time, I slid the temperature slider to the left some to bring back the real colors of the scene and I really like it that way. The blues and greens turned out nice.

Whitney Point Reservoir (by john_brainard)

Whitney Point Reservoir (by john_brainard)

Whitney Point Reservoir (by john_brainard)

Whitney Point Reservoir (by john_brainard)

And, of course, the best photo of the evening!

Winnie (by john_brainard)

2 comments:

Craig Lee said...

You seem to have got the sunset landscape silhouette down. Cute puppy too.

John Brainard said...

Thanks Craig! I enjoy doing the sunsets. They're great to watch and to take photos of. I doubt I'll stop taking photos of them anytime soon. :)

I'll just have to work on new ways of shooting them so they don't all look the same. I was most excited about the 4th photo in this entry. I like how the rock turned out and, for some reason, I find I turn my camera vertically quite frequently for landscape photos.