Friday, May 16, 2008

Birds For Deb

Every day it seems I'm asking my coworkers "did you see my blog today?" I think they're going to start getting annoyed soon. Oh well.

I asked Deb a little while ago and she responded with "did you post any birds yet?", or something along those lines. So, that's what this post is for.

I have been meaning to post these for a while now anyways. I still have some that I haven't finished processing. Being that birds move around a lot, I take shots in bursts, so I end up with hundreds of pictures of just a small handful of birds that I have to sort through. It's worth it though. Birds are some of God's greatest Creation.

Here's the first part of my bird post. I'll try to get the rest this weekend and maybe even a picture of my "blind".

Rose Breasted Grosbeak


Rose Breasted Grosbeak

Finches

Gold Finch

House Finch

You gotta love this guy's expression... the way his head is cocked. "Who's that nut in the bathroom taking pictures of me?" It seems a little ironic. Most peeping toms are outside the bathroom window!

Mourning Dove


I hope this post is to your satisfaction, Deb... And remenber, you don't need to log in to leave comments on my blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Images of beautiful birds in peaceful meadows surrounded by warm sunshine. Your "Birds for Deb" post has indeed taken me to a happy place (and today, I really NEED that escape to a happy place!) Thanks John! :-)

John Brainard said...

I'm glad to hear that! But, you're "peaceful meadows" are nothing more than poorly maintained back yard. My new hobby has been keeping me from certain responsibilities. I hope to get to the yard work this weekend.