Thursday, May 29, 2008

Susquehanna

Trains are pretty neat. I wish I had more access to them for photographing. I'd probably spend some time in a train yard doing just that. Last night, after work (you'll hear that frequently around here) I went back to try and get a better picture of the barn I shot on the 21st of May. It didn't turn out as well as I had planned. I just couldn't frame it as I remembered from the previous picture I took.

During my attempt at taking a better picture of the barn, a train came by. Unfortunately, I had mirror lockup turned on and a 2 second timer delay to minimize camera shake. That's not a good combination for shooting moving objects. Fortunately, I was able to get one decent shot in.

I did a little post processing work on this in RawStudio and The Gimp. Take a look at my Flickr Stream if you're interested in what I did and for a link to the original version.

IMG_4537A

I shot these guys Memorial Day evening. After it rained for a little bit, the sun came out and so did these guys.

IMG_4433A

IMG_4375A


Here's my Flickr Photo Stream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey did you take a picutre of me and sam at the birthday party? i can't remember if you got a shot or not but if you did can you send me a copy thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I somehow managed to stumble upon your blog... you have interesting information, but what got me to take my hat off is your passionate conviction of salvation. Way to go!! :)

John Brainard said...

Thanks Liz. I enjoy finding Christians in places I don't expect to, so it's nice to see others doing the same. I hope my blog and photos are pleasing to Him.