Friday, May 16, 2008

Encounter On An Exit Ramp

I was planning on going out and taking some photos tonight after work, but it rained. I wanted the sun to be shining so I can get some Golden Hour shots. I guess God had different plans for me.

I stopped a couple times along I81. Once at a weigh station south of Nedrow Indian Reservation and again at the Tully exit. I pulled my truck over on the exit ramp and got out to take some pictures of an old barn and house. When I was about done shooting, I had noticed a car pulled over on the road and a lady walking toward my truck. I wasn't sure what to expect as I've read on some forums that people don't like cameras with big lenses. It makes them think you're a terrorist. I braced myself for the worst, hoping for the best.

I talked to Trish, the lady I met, for a few minutes. It turns out, she had taken a picture of the barn from the same spot I was taking a picture. Only, she had intended to paint it. I couldn't paint a mono-tone picture with a spray can. I'll have to stick to capturing images with my camera.

Here's the spot that we had both shot the barn from.

2008-05-16-Railing-01

Thank you Trish for the conversation and not accusing me of terrorism! It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope you're able to read my blog address when you get home. I looked at the photos of the barn. I'm not sure they turned out that great. I have some more post processing work to do. I auto-bracketed a few shots in hopes of doing an HDR image.

No comments: