Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

I wish I had some patriotic pictures to post for Memorial Day in honor of all the great men and women that have died serving our country. I'm eternally grateful for the freedom they have preserved and are preserving in this great country. Take a moment today to thank God for their service and to pray for the families and loved ones of soldiers serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and other parts of the world. We owe them so much for what they do for us!

I developed a new affection for these large, lumbering creatures. I couldn't help but fall in love with them.

IMG_4018A

IMG_4277A

IMG_4054A

IMG_4026A

IMG_3983A

I think these guys are the barnyard patrol. Look at the goose in front with his cronies following closely behind. It kind of reminds me of the penguins from the movie, Madagascar.

IMG_3976A

And a few landscape shots.

IMG_4235A

IMG_4182A

IMG_4179A


IMG_4203A

Yesterday, my wife and I were going to take the kids to the zoo. Lynn remembered her friend from Church who just acquired some kittens, baby chickens and turkeys. So, we went there instead. It turned out to be a great time. I wandered around their 56 acre property taking pictures of every interesting thing I could find. The above pictures are the results of yesterday's adventure. I'd have more, but I ran out of room on my 8gb memory card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again you amaze me with your pictures! They make me think how wonderful God's creation is! something that beautiful CAN NOT come from a big bang!!!!!!

John Brainard said...

Certainly not. So much about nature tells the story of design. I see God's hands in so much around me. I love being outside enjoying His creation. :)