Thursday, May 8, 2008

Some Flowers

I came home tonight with the intention of using the macro capabilities of my Sigma lens on frogs by the pond. Turns out, the frogs weren't hanging around down there. Instead, I wandered around the yard looking for defenseless subjects. This is what I came up with. Thankfully, the people we bought the house from were motivated enough to plant flowers. Otherwise, I would have had nothing to shoot tonight.

I think these guys might be telling me I need to get some weed & feed for the yard. Look at all those dandelions!

Daffodils

Grape Hyacinths

Hyacinths

More Daffodils

Tulip

I intended to work with the RAW files and start learning, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get the pictures to come out even close to what my camera is producing.

As always, comments on my photos are welcome. Yes, that means to tell me you don't like them, but tell me why too.

Update: Turns out the blue ones are Grape Hyacinths. I guess it's good that I spam family and coworkers with my blog updates! I wouldn't have known what they were. I've added labels next to the flowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! The camera takes really nice ones! maybe you missed your calling you should be a photographer!:)

John Brainard said...

Thanks JoJo!

I stopped and took some pictures on the way in to work this morning. I got a guy fishing in a pond just north of Homer and a small family of geese just a little further north than that. Hopefully I'll be posting them tonight or during lunch.